Coordinator of Health Education
Job Type: Part-Time Employee
Deliver and manage health education programs that help individuals, families, and their communities maximize and maintain healthy lifestyles in the areas of cancer and cancer prevention. Collect and analyze data to identify community needs prior to planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating programs designed to encourage healthy lifestyles, policies, and environments. Serve as a client navigator for individuals in need of support navigating the local clinic system. Serve as a resource by assisting individuals, other healthcare workers, or the community, and administer fiscal resources for health education programs where needed.
|Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Health Education or related field preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a related health field or in community organizing and in a non-profit setting preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in program coordination or program delivery preferred.
|Specialized knowledge and training
- Working knowledge of local healthcare delivery systems.
- Bi-lingual/Bi-Cultural (Spanish – English) is mandatory.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Advanced knowledge of standard computer applications.
- HIPAA certification is a plus.
- Personal connection to the issue of cancer or health disparities in the Latino community is appreciated.
|Qualities and Skills
- Strong organizational skills and strong communication skills.
- Strong people skills and ability to work with a diverse team.
- Team player and positive attitude.
- Flexible and able to adapt to change
- A passion for women’s health
|Special Work Requirements
- Ability to travel to offsite locations and support off-site meetings and events as needed.
- Ability to keep regular office hours as assigned or per arrangement but also to be flexible with work week for client needs or community outreach.
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to attend community meetings and events on evenings or weekends when needed.
Please submit resumes and inquiries to email@example.com.